Lamar Odom and Sabrina Parr Split One Year After Engagement

Shutterstock

One year after announcing their engagement, Lamar Odom and fiancée Sabrina Parr have called it quits.

Parr confirmed the breakup news on her Instagram, revealing that the former NBA star “has some things that he alone has to work through.”

Sabrina Parr Announces Split from Lamar Odom on Social Media

“Y’all know I’m honest and transparent so I have to be the first to let you guys know that I am no longer engaged to Lamar,” the personal trainer wrote Wednesday on her Instagram Story.

“This has been a difficult decision for me to make but it is the best for myself and my children,” Parr continued. “Lamar has some things that he alone has to work through.”

Parr did not get into specifics about the “things” that Odom is dealing with right now. However, the 40-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers star has struggled with drug addiction in the past.

Odom had a near-fatal overdose in 2015 at a Nevada brothel. He had been found unconscious at Dennis Hof’s Love Ranch near Los Vegas, before being rushed to a hospital in critical condition.

The basketball star has been very open about his journey with addiction over the years, following that 2015 hospitalization. He released a memoir in 2019 titled Darkness to Light, in which he reflected on his struggles.

When the book was released, Odom told his social media followers, “It took a lot of courage for me to get so raw and candid with you all but I wanted you guys to get MY true story!”

Parr Wishes Odom the Best as He Seeks Help He “Desperately Needs”

Judging by the split, it looks like Odom is unfortunately still struggling with his addiction, though. And although Parr said she loves Odom “dearly,” she is “no longer able to be by his side while he seeks the help he so desperately needs.”

She also added, “I wish him all the best,” and asked her followers to “pray for everyone involved.”

Odom announced his engagement to Parr, a fitness enthusiast, in November of 2019. Alongside a photo of Parr’s engagement ring, Odom wrote, “Soon to be Mrs. Parr-Odom. She the ONE!!!!”

Odom also shared a series of photos on social media back in September to celebrate his engagement.

“I had a great time at my engagement party with the special ladies in my life @getuptoparr @destinyodomm,” he wrote. “It was so important to me for my family and friends, especially my daughter to be there with me this time around.”

He continued, “Special thanks to everyone that made our day so perfect.”

And over the summer, the pair revealed that they planned to tie the knot next year, in November 2021.

The former NBA player was previously married to Khloé Kardashian from 2009 to 2016.

So far, Odom has yet to speak out publicly about Parr’s statement, or the couple’s split. In any case, his post announcing their engagement appears to have been deleted.