Justin Bieber is at the center of sexual assault allegations from an anonymous Twitter user.
But the 26-year-old “Sorry” singer responded swiftly to refute the claims — and he’s brought the receipts.
Saturday evening, a Twitter user under the name Danielle alleged that she was assaulted by the singer back in 2014. She claimed that when she was 21 and Bieber was 20, she met him while attending an event in Texas.
According to the claims, Danielle said she and her friends were invited back to the pop star’s hotel on March 9th, 2014, where she was “sexually assaulted without consent.”
Danielle, whose last name was left anonymous, did not identify the two friends, and has not otherwise spoken publicly about the claims.
Since then, the tweet in question and Danielle’s entire Twitter account have been removed.
Bieber swiftly refuted the claims, which he calls “factually impossible.” And he didn’t stop there, either. He’s brought the receipts.
In a series of tweets on Sunday night, he posted numerous photos, news links, and even receipts — yes, actual receipts — to prove it. He says he’s got enough evidence to prove that he was with then-girlfriend Selena Gomez, and nowhere near the alleged scene that night.
“I want to be clear. There is no truth to this story,” the singer wrote.
“I don’t normally address things as I have dealt with random accusations my entire career,” Bieber continued. “but after talking with my wife [Hailey Baldwin] and team I have decided to speak up on an issue tonight.”
He then shared several posts on Twitter, full of links to articles from the time period and photos from the night in question.
But the real evidence? He produced receipts for an Airbnb he stayed at with Gomez on the night of the alleged attack. Bieber also has receipts showing he stayed at a Westin the following night. He was never at the Four Seasons, like Danielle claimed.
“Rumors are rumors but sexual abuse is something I don’t take lightly,” Bieber said.
On top of that, Bieber confirmed with the Four Seasons regional manager that he was never on the hotel’s property on March 9th, 2014. He also urged “all press to inquire with them if needed or wanted.”
Bieber concluded his thorough series of tweets by saying, “Every claim of sexual abuse should be taken very seriously and this is why my response was needed.”
“However, this story is factually impossible and that is why I will be working with twitter and authorities to take legal action,” he added.
The account in question has already been removed from Twitter, though it is unclear if this was a result of Bieber’s legal action.